Thursday, July 13, 2006

Once again I am the weirdo

...but this time...oh this time... I am A OKAY with that.

This has been on my mind for awhile now. Been wanting to say it.
Sbux sucked my soul out of me. I could feel it leaving me. I had to walk away. I went in the other day to pick up my last check and they all asked me where I went. I said no where I just quit. They looked rather shocked. Yes it's true I just L E F T.
They see the same things I saw and yet they feed the monster. No way.

While at Sbux I came to know this young girl so not yet a woman in my book. She is very high and oh so mighty in her beliefs but arent we all when we are in our early 20's? No cable for the chidlren she says. No a/c they dont need it1. While she spent the hottest part of the day at work. I dont play that game. Suffer the litle children is not what I subscribe to.
She will drive to the bay area to go to the park she hates the valley hates it here. The parks are just awful.
I always get rather defensive when someone (who usually always owns a home) hates it here. True I could go further south maybe and own a home right this second but I know I would not be happy there so here I stay. If you're so unhappy here leave I say. I would if I could but she cant she says. Yes honey you can. We can all do whatever we want we really truly can. It takes some sacrifice it takes some wiggle but you can you truly can. She will learn soon enough what life is really all about and when it happens it will send her wobbling about for real. She has parents and a husband and a job filled with people that support her in her blief that she is the very best thing since pockets. And while I do not, nor have I ever begrudged the fact that she is a hard worker, very dedicated that certainly does not mean the rest of us stink. Not at all. Not to say she ever thought that, her bright and shiny star was just too bright for anyone to see anyone but her.

I was thinking just this morning how very happy I am not to be working. Hanging out with my boys, keeping up on the house, anxious for school to start. I dont miss sbux not at all. Being the worker bee every night, cleaning, cleaning. I dont miss her either. But I bet and I am not even kidding when I say this you can bet she misses me. HA!

No comments: