Thursday, July 26, 2007

A night cap

Last night I was bone tired from swimming 42 laps (Buffie was trying to kill me why I have no idea but more on that girl later!) getting about 5 hours of sleep the night before and doing Algebra all day. So I am getting the boys showered and in jammies and trying, Lord I was trying, to get to bed. It's 10 pm and I am saying Derek go brush your teeth. Joseph has his tool box and telling me not yet I just got to fix this airplane one minute. And he's fixing my bed and the bathtub in the hall bath.
I am talking to Dominic about a meeting he has today and Derek is asking me 1 million questions about spelling this and spelling that and I am saying "go brush your teeth"
All of the sudden Joseph says "That cherry medicine taste good" and he has red stuff on his lip. I ask him what cherry medicine and he shows me a bottle of Childrens Nyquil. I have no idea how much was in it when he found it or how much he drank. So Dominic says to call poison control (yes it's on speed dial) and after a good 20 minutes on the phone they say he'll be fine but they will call back in an hour to check on him. Meanwhile Joseph is saying "I dont feel very good" they said at Poison Control he might get sick to his stomach or very very sleepy which I think he did both and he passed out with Daddy and slept till 10 am this morning.
It was a bottle with a childproof cap but my son, the one with Cerebral Palsy opened it.
Derek and I went to bed about 11:45 after we monitiored him for an hour like they told us too and then poison control called to let us know he was going to be ok and then we could go to sleep.
Who knew children would be THIS fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy...........Love you blog keep then come, Love hereing about my great nephew...........see you at the wedding....love Unlce Phil