Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Well that was shocking

Joseph's IEP was today. (Individual Educational Plan) the plan for next year. I thought we had a plan. I thought we knew what was going to happen. I was ready. I was good. But. But. Well the little bugger went and scored off the charts in so many areas we no longer qualify for Special Education Services.

We no longer qualify for Special Educational Services and yes I think she had to say it twice to me.
It's a good thing. It's a great thing. But.. oh Lordy. I am not ready. Why am I never ready for these darn things? Why do they always catch me off guard?

His done well. He's doing well. It's what we wanted. Mainstream kindergarten. Minimal services. It's a good thing. But we have had this team of people for so long it's so strange to even think of flying solo.

We didn't get to finish, our meeting went long there was so much to cover. So they dropped that on us that the little bugger scored at the level in many areas as a 6 year old. OY! So we have to go back and go over the rest of the results and what his means.
Little Bugger!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I cried when we had that moment. Congratulations and welcome to mainstream!!!

Way to go Joseph!!!!