Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vacation


Hello,

yes I would like to order one vacation to go please?

Party of 4 please.

Would like to just step into a portal (Derek is all about portals these days) and be transformed there. No gas purchases please.

Lovely weather. Not too hot. Not too windy.

No laundry. No homework for me or my husband. No making beds. No dishes to be done. Maybe some sort of fun activity and some really nice meals.

A cabin in the hills? A bed and breakfast in the wine country? A bungalow on the beach? A nice hotel in a big city? An over night stay with some friends or family? (I will make the beds and I'll even cook if you'd like) I just want to get away.


sigh.

I don't see this happening any time soon. But today, just today I could use a vacation. I am a stay at home mom what do I need a vacation for right? I think being a stay at home mom makes it worse. There isn't usually much of a change up to the daily routines.

The walls are closing in on us. sigh. I have been trying to do fun things with the boys everyday. Movies. Trips to the mall just to walk about. The gym to swim. Things like that. Tonight we shall watch the full moon come up. Next week my brother in law is coming for a visit. The boys love it when Uncle Danny comes. They want to take him bowling. They want him to come to the movies. Fun, silly things. I hope he digs it. They sure do.


I am hoping we can take Joseph to Disneyland in January. He's never been and Derek has only been once. We had such a good time the last time we went. Our small weekend trips to the beach are usually pretty good for my soul and get me through. I guess I just have some cabin fever going on. Oh well what can you do?

Tell me about your vacation plans? Where you going? Have you already gone? Give it to me. Bring me a t-shirt, send me a post card. Anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I promise to bring you a sombrero.
Let me know about Disneyland I will give you all of my cost saving measures. The big one is to have everyone give Disney Dollars for Birthday and Christmas so that the kids have their own spending money and that saves on your budget.

Anonymous said...

Just waiting for the honeymoon in October..Maui here we come! No vacations until then.

Anonymous said...

Ryan and I are doing an Anniversary trip to Cabo... August cannot get here fast enough! ~Whitney