Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crash

Friday afternoon our computer took a dump. I made a frantic call to our friend Rich and he offered to come over Saturday and see what as up. In just a few moments it was clear the hard drive had crashed and we needed more RAM. So Dom and Rich took of to Frys in Fremont, I stayed here and worked on cleaning our the garage and dinner and tending to the boys of the neighborhood.
Dom and Rich got the computer fixed about 9pm and all seems to be well and much better today. (Thank goodness)
Have you cleaned your tower out lately? You know your CPU tower thing? You really should pop that baby out of the case and if you have an air compressor take it out and clean it out. Dust is a killer and boy did we have some dust. A whole Nation of dust bunnies lived in ours.
So yes some pictures are lost (I refuse to think about it) and some music and some form and papers but that's all.
I owe Rich so much for spending so much time helping us.
So my advice to you is Back up all of your stuff often. Save your pictures and music and important stuff often. Clean out your CPU even if you just take a vacuum to it or that small can of compressed air do it and do it TODAY. Pop the cover off and do it. If you can't swing that call Dom he'll do it for you. If you have had your computer longer than a year and have never done it DO IT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. My husband,(side note I just saw on the feed that Jill was on right before me)didn't back our computer up either and we lost a few years worth of pictures. We lost the pictures of my Dad the last time he was here. So my advice don't back up as often as possible, because somethings you just can't replace.

B