Friday, March 27, 2009

Amazing Grace

Photo: Glenn Moore Tracy Press


Today my town paid respect to Police Sgt. Mark Dunakin one of four police officers killed in Oakland over the weekend. Fox News Sgt. Dunakin grew up in Pleasanton but lived in here in Tracy with his family.
I didn't know Sgt. Mark Dunakin, I am pretty sure many of us that lined the streets of Tracy today didn't. But I respect that he patrolled the streets of Oakland. My heart is heavy for the wife, kids and family he left behind.
It was an amazing display of respect in our town. I was proud to call this place my home. He did not serve on our force, he wasn't even a born and raised resident but the citizens and law enforcement and fire crews showed the pride and respect this man deserved.
I hope he's in that special place police officers go in heaven.
Thank you Sgt. Mark Dunakin for your service.

No comments: