Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Juicy Reads

After reading the 50 shades trilogy I felt I need a break (and a cold shower, or a good scrubbing, that is one dirty book) and I had a hard time finding something to dive into. I have seen "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseni but my local library didn't have it. They did have "A Thousand Splendid Suns" so I picked it up. What an amazing book! I loved this book. It gave me a new perspective of the lives of the people living in the middle east. How war torn that country has been, how many generations of lives touched by these wars. The lives of women and children in that region are so unlike the lives of us in the United States, it's unbelievable. I highly recommend this book to everyone. This book reminded me of my love for "Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck. I adore that book. To read of the suffering of the people of China. The story of how hard fathers worked to secure better lives for their children. So once again I am left to wonder about and find another great book to sink into. To get lost in. Any suggestions?

No comments: