Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feeling sassy

Maybe it's the short nap or the shower I took all.by.myself. I feel spunky.

I heard this great quote I think at work by a customer. She probably got it from Dr. Laura.
"You cant call yourself a brick layer if you only do it on the weekends or a few times a week. How can you call yourself a mom when you are away from your kid 12 hours a day?" OUCH.

It's a slippery slope I am too spunky to play on right now. I am a working mom now. I am away from my boys while they are still awake about 2 hours. The rest of the time they are sleep. I get to bed most of the time about 2 am but it's worth it. Dominic and I are raising our kids. Period.

Oh and speaking of my job. This same lady was complaining about another of our locations not making her stuff right. She said she's been to 3 locations today and most days it's just 2 in a day. Her hubby got on her for going twice a day she'll be in big trouble when he finds out she went three times. She then said he goes 2 times a day also and they figured out they spend $500 a month on this habit. That is a car payment! A good chunk in your kids college fund. What the F is she doing? I just dont get it. It's an habit, a retreat I get that, I do. I see people in there for hours, just hanging out. I see people on the way to their jobs. It's a habit. A comfort and yes an addiction. But there are worse things to be addicted to I would say.

No comments: