Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh Geez

Well it's summer. Only the second official day of Derek's break and the kids have swarmed like flies. 4 boys today. Lunch. Snacks. I am exhausted.
One gets mad. Goes home all pouty. The other says "He's acting like a baby" less than 30 minutes later the one that said that is mad and putting on his shoes and heading home. This is how this works I guess. You get mad, you go home and pout. They come back within the hour.
And you learn so much about the family. I learned that one dad wears boxer shorts. One mom has plastic boobies. One grandma's boobs are droopy.
One dad says "Stupid" all the time. Wonder what my sons say about us when they are with others?
I am tired. Listening. Making sure no one is killing anyone. Cleaning up. It's constant.
Tomorrow will be no kid day I told Derek. We will go to the library, out to lunch. He has the whole summer and we aren't going to spend it running a day care. He can have his fun but I am not babysitting the neighborhood.
Happy Summer Vacation Kids.

No comments: