Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer Reading....

Ok so there seems to be these lists. I have done one in the past. I so need to update it.
100 things about me.
40 things to do before you turn 40.
1000 places to see before you die.

Oy it just seems like so MUCH to do before you die. HURRY! Like an errand list I have to do today and keep in mind my list of places to see or do before I die. What about sitting on the front porch and watching you boys make a spiderweb out of fishing line on a summer evening? You should do that. Or lay on the floor by the fan, drinking lemonade and playing candy land and your 2 year old plays the right way and says "oh good job Big Bro" when Derek gets Queen Frostine... you should do that too.
But if you want some good lists it might be intresting to make one share with me will ya. I'll work on mine later.

So I am trying to read a lot this summer. Slow down, turn things off and read. Sometimes when I am reading while the boys are playing they'll come sit in my lap and ask me to read out loud to them. Just a page or two.
It's nice. They wont always want to do this with me or maybe they will. I hope they always enjoy having someone read to them. I love going to book readings at book stores, or watching them on CSPAN sometimes. What a geek I am.

So I just finished The Mermaid Chair. It was pretty good. The ending was much better than I hoped. I would recommend it.
I am off to the library to get a new book and run a few errands but I probably wont see any of the places on the 1000 places to see before you die unless Walmart is one of them and I doubt it. But I havent read the book....yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the bookstore last night and got Haunted Places in California. Nicole says we are going to visit some of them. Wanna come?

Shannon said...

Please share what you are reading! I love to read but just can't find the time for it too much, especially new books. I've been re-reading my childhood favorites.

Shauna said...

As the official flunkee of the English CSET, I have vowed to read something that would help me pass the test. So, I spent $45 to by the study guide to learn all about weird authors that I have never heard of. yippee.