Wednesday, August 30, 2006

In high school Emily Dickinson was my favorite poet. She lived a life of such isolation. I just cannot imagine that. I had forgotten about her and the poems of hers I liked so much way back when.

Going back to school I have had to dig up some information I have stored from long ago. I am not that 18 year old sitting in the West Forum in a green mini skirt and purple sweater, size 6 the cats meow fascinated by instructors. Skinner, Piaget, Jung, Maslow have been hiding down under Dora, Diego and Thomas.
Maybe I am a better student now I have more life skills, I bring more to the table. I have more things I can relate to. Maybe I am more disciplined. Although I dont think putting off college till one has two kids and find yourself burning the mid night oil after you have gotten the 3 year old to sleep is a good idea not at all. But I have a purpose now. Not a dream, not a desire to have an education a real purpose. So maybe that is helping to keep me alive. But it's a struggle for sure.
Dominic has reminded me that right now I have all A's in ever class. Thats nice. All I have to do is keep it.
To be recommended for further internships, job placement, even to attend a workshop that makes me drool on myself to even think about, really all depends on your standing in the program, your grades. It's about more than my career it's learning more things I can pass along to Joseph too.
Sometimes my mind is spinning, racing and then I hit a wall and it screams out ENOUGH. Birthday party planning, house hold errands and chores, did I run the dishwasher, are there wet clothes in the washer and is that paper on the fundamentals of American Sign Language due this week or next? Makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. But in the end I remind myself it's worth it, it is SO worth it.
So Maslow, Jung and Skinner and I are done for the night. Thank God. I shall take my self to bed now.

No comments: