Monday, February 18, 2008

How do you say goodbye.

I have not really known this person very long, yet we have been neighbors for years. I have spoken to her husband and her kids have been regular guests at my home. But just recently as her work schedule has changed she and I spent very small chunks of time together. She's funny and smart and has an amazing laugh and even on clean up day, she still always looks amazing.
And now she's leaving. The boxes are packed. A life is packed. Soon she will be in another city. Our court is almost empty.
Derek is sad to see his friends leave and try as we might to tell him the technology will keep them close he's right it's different having that person across the street.
Joseph does not even want to think about someone living in these houses that do not belong there.
And even though hopefully we will be moving too in a few months I am sad to see this chapter close.
The road that my friend has been on as of late has not been a smooth one and I wish nothing but the best for her from this day forward. I know she is the strong one. I know she is the tough one. All the best to you, Athena.

No comments: