Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Clista

As most of you know I am an only child. I use to say I was a "lonely" child when I was little I thought that was what you called it.
I often say that my parents got it right the first time and there was no need for any other tries for a perfect child.
My childhood was fine I have no complaints, not really.

I have some great friends from childhood and I have a wonderful family. I have friends I call "the sisters I was suppose to have!"

Clista was the first one of these. She is older than me (just a little) and she was married and had a child way before I did (she started young I swear). She was even an Army wife before I was and boy did she help me navigate the alphabet soup of the military. When I was a young 20 something full time worker, full time student in my first real relationship Clista was something I could and did talk to about everything. She helped me through a lot of "stuff".
She listened. She gave me advice and kicks in the butt when I needed, hugs and occasionally tequila when I needed that too.
We laughed till our guts hurt and cried till we were all slobbery.

She has and will always be very special to me. I miss her and don't see her enough now that she lives up in the mossy state. She has always been an inspiration to me, her and her husband Mark. He's a successful dentist now and they have great kids doing wonderful things in the world. It wasn't always easy for Clista and Mark putting Mark through dental school but they have made it and I believe Dominic and I can too. She likes nice jewelry (who doesn't) wonderful vacations and good food.
Happy Birthday Clista. You're the best older sister any girl could have ever stumble upon. May you have a wonderful day and a fantastic year.

No comments: