Monday, May 26, 2008

Bad Boy


You know the bad boy. Everyone girl has a bad boy in her past. He might have had a motorcycle, (maybe drove a camouflage jeep) maybe he smoked, he probably drank and wore a leather jacket. Came to class when he felt like it. Did what he wanted. If you were a good girl you realized how bad he was fairly quickly, if you were wilder you might have taken a walk on the wild side maybe had just a taste of it. You might have gone wild yourself and never came back.
Most of the bad boys I have known did find a way over to the good side or at least the "better side" if not all the way over.
Robert Downey Jr. was one of those boys when I was a teen. You wanted to like him you did but you knew he was bad. He did things you mother would not approve of. He was not going to take care of you, you were going to have to take care of him. I am all for the underdog. I can bring you back to health but this boys was something different. I don't think many of us liked him and never put his pictures on the wall. (Did we?) But some of us deep down might have liked those dark eyes and that dark hair, that wild crazy hair. We watched is teen movies "Weird Science" "Less Than Zero."
We have seen his name in headlines doing crazy things involving drugs and alcohol. Another teen star gone bad.
Well it seems the bad boy is back and while he's made lots of movies over the years and never has really gone away. Been in a few tv shows and few movies. I think his roll in Ironman really hit me that he's leading a movie again and he did really great. I was happy to see my bad boy on the good side. I was glad to see the crazy eyes gone. Glad to see him healthy. Know what I mean?

If you haven't seen this movie it's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have not seen the movie but saw him on "The View" promoting the movie and man he was hot!!! he has definately aged well! Tracy (Jenn's Cousin)

Anonymous said...

The little Sis actually had him introduce the movie when she went to see it. AHHH to live in the So Cal by the beach.