Monday, May 05, 2008

The Sharks took the Dallas Stars into a Game 7 Sunday night. And then into a Game 8. That's not what the official result will say. It will say the Sharks lost a four-overtime game to the Stars 2-1. - San Jose Mercury.

It's a sad day. It was a long night. The game started at 6 pm and ended just after 11 pm. We stayed up, all of us and watched the whole thing. I wanted it so badly. I wanted San Jose to bring home a W. They played a good game. I could say I do blame Campbell. But I won't. Everyone played well. There is always just one mistake that provides a chance for the other team and there you go.
I am proud of the Sharks. I am proud to be a Sharks fan. They did a great job. They should be proud of themselves. Did you see the handshakes? My goodness. JR hugging some of the Stars players what a guy. Nabby telling Turco (the Stars goalie) as he grabbed the Star on his sweater to "Go all the way" oh I was in tears!
The talk has already started about trades and coaching changes and who should go and what players need to be signed etc. It's natural. I hope most of the team stays. I know a few honestly I wouldn't be sad if they moved along. But they played as a team last night and it's too early to think about who needs to leave and who's going to stay. The deserve a nice break.
We are'nt about to turn the tv off now that our team is out of it. We aren't those kinds of fans. While first and foremost we are Sharks fans, ( I am a second rate Chicago fan but that's a long story) we are hockey fans. So we'll watch the rest of the playoffs because this is the time of year you will see some great games. We'll see who takes the cup home.
Joseph will still shoot the puck around, still ask to go ice skating several times a week, still want a goalie mask and pads for his birthday. Dominic will still wear his Sharks hat and shirts he wears them all year long. It will be a long summer for me. I am not much into baseball but the Earthquakes are back in San Jose so that will be a nice distraction for me and we have the Olympics thankgoodness so that will help. I'll spend some time at the pool with the boys and the beach and read more books after the playoffs are over.
Yes I am a bit weepy to not have these 20 guys in my house a few times a week like they have been for 7 months. We'll just take a break and meet up in the fall.
So who do I pull for now? I think Detroit wants it and I think they can beat just about anybody. Lets see how that goes.

No comments: