Monday, June 02, 2008

Watch for Falling Debris

It's been a long day. I am tired. My kids are still up.

Today we had our 6 month check up with the neurologist in Sacramento. (There isn't a pediatric neurologist in Tracy, go figure.) We were a bit worried about the traffic in Sacramento this morning so we got up and left early. In the end traffic was not an issue. After waiting almost an hour to see the doctor we ended up seeing him for maybe 10 minutes. sigh.
There aren't really any issues for him to address. Thank goodness but he's part of the team so we keep him in the loop. He said "Look at him" and he smiled. "If you looked at his report and his MRI and saw the size of his stroke" and then he made the size with this fingers (it's about the size of a half dollar) and shook his head. "Then you see him here now, you would not think the reports were right. You would not think they were for this child" and then he scooped Joseph's face in his hands and squeezed his head a little. I think he would have kissed him if there weren't laws against that sort of thing.

So we told him about the botox. He agreed with us botox is not really needed for a boy as active as Joseph. He said "Let nature and Joseph take of things" yes lets shall we?

So off to Moo Moo's we went for a fabulous burger. Off to the Delta bookstore to take my book back and get one for Dom... that story is for another day. We came home, I washed the car and I went to the grocery store and took the boys for ice cream and now I am doing laundry.

One of these days I'll take a nice vacation and relax on a beach some place. Don't see that happening any time soon but one of these days my days will not be so full, so busy. I think there are a lot of things I want to do in this life and some days I feel like I am gonna run out of time. Can't waste a moment. Dom says "I'll sleep when I am dead." I feel that way some times. But right now, tonight I think I'll go lay down before I fall down.

Oh and thanks Pittsburgh. Thanks a lot. sigh. Triple over time. Kill me would ya? Are the Pittsburgh Pen's going to pull this off and win? Good grief!

No comments: