Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A bag of money

If I had a big bag of money or a big box of money or even just a zip log baggie of some extra loose change... what would I do?
Dom and I have been saying a lot lately... if we had any "extra" money we could....
well lets see over the weekend we had to fix our hard drive (thanks Mom and Rich) so we quickly began cleaning out all other things so they won't die too since that box of money cannot be found and we cannot afford any other items in need of replacing.


While it seems so silly to be looking at homes to buy when this is the state of our financial affairs these days let me say this.

1. Our landlord doesn't do a thing but cash the check. Any and all repairs around here are done by us and my folks. So it's not like being a home owner is going to be this be shock to us.


2. We are actually looking to own a place and pay less or exactly the same amount we pay right now and we feel pretty confident we can do that. If we could pay less each month and stop the madness that is the fattening of our landlords wallet.. that would be grand.

So...where was I?
Yes... that box of money.

It seems everyday a new fundraiser is being sent from the schoo. sigh. Some days I think I need my own fundraiser, how can I squeeze anything for this other family? So we find some and we send it and sure other's might be sending $20 we are sending just a few bucks per child, it's what we have right now. Sorry.

So ok I would help some people around me that need some help.
I would fix that darn car of Dom's or replace it. Have you seen it? Have you heard it? It's making some crazy noises.

I would take the boys to Disneyland. This is what my first paycheck will go to and I don't care what we need or what anyone says. I have taken 28 classes for this certificate and I need a break!


I would buy some new clothes and some new shoes for me and Dom. Seems the boys always get what they need and my mom provides stuff for us every now and then but it would be nice to not have to be the charity any more. To acutally go shopping and buy what you want not what is a good price, not what is on sale, not what you don't feel too quilty getting. sigh.


I know in light of current economic events that took place over the weekend all of this sounds pretty greedy. I got it off my chest and I am done, I am good. I have counted my blessings all weekend long, I am on the right side of the road. I am grateful for every strand I've got.


But...if I had some extra money... I would go buy this t-shirt. Carlos is making great use of the funds and you get a rockin t-shirt. Christmas is coming buy some for your friends. Go do it.



No comments: