Thursday, September 04, 2008

Weekend.

Just suck it up and get through it. Right?
Derek's birthday party is this weekend. He has no plans to do anything with any of his friends. He just wants them to show up. sigh. So Heather let us borrow a volleyball net and we have water balloons and we have a pinata and we'll just hope for the best on that. Dom's going to bbq and he's making his famous cupcakes, with a twist. If you have had his famous cupcakes you'll be extra surprised by the twist.

Bright and early Monday morning my dad will go under the knife (yikes) at Stanford as they attempt to rearrange his innards. (Well sort of. They will be taking out part of his esophagus and moving his stomach up a bit) He's in great hands with a great team and I know he's in the best place for all this to go down. But... you can send some prayers and good mojo his way just for the extra umph. ok?
I shall try not to be nervous (and I am not really. I trust and admire and have the utmost respect for the hospital and those that work at it. ) I shall try not to get lost as I navigate the roads that lead to Stanford. I have my San Jose born and raised hubby, I have cousins Mark and Suzanne at my disposal and I have Mindy nearby to help. My mom and aunt have a place to stay, the boys will feed and water my father's birds it all should go smoothly.

Yes another busy weekend and busy week ahead for me. I'll keep you posted how it all goes down.

No comments: