Friday, November 14, 2008

100 Things Every Man Should know how to do...

I know I have a few fella's out there reading (most my uncles) so where are ya fellas on this list? Let me add where I am on this list (HA!)

Automotive
1. Handle a blowout No
2. Drive in snow Yes
3. Check trouble codes Yes
4. Replace fan belt (I call my dad or uncle)
5. Wax a car (yes)
6. Conquer an off-road obstacle No
7. Use a stick welder (A what?)
8. Hitch up a trailer No
9. Jump-start a car No

Emergencies
10. Perform the Heimlich yes
11. Reverse hypothermia yes
12. Perform hands-only CPR yes
13. Escape a sinking car yes

Home
14. Carve a turkey yes
15. Use a sewing machine sort of
16. Put out a fire yes
17. Home-brew beer no
18. Remove bloodstains from fabric (I call my aunt)
19. Move heavy stuff (That is why I have a husband)
20. Grow food (hmm not yet)
21. Read an electric meter (no)
22. Shovel the right way (there is a wrong way to shovel?)
23. Solder wire (do what?)
24. Tape drywall (how hard could that be?)
25. Split firewood (no)
26. Replace a faucet washer (no)
27. Mix concrete (just add water right?)
28. Paint a straight line (I can't even walk a straight line)
29. Use a French knife (How about a Canadian one?)
30. Prune bushes and small trees (sure)
31. Iron a shirt (yes)
32. Fix a toilet tank flapper (yes)
33. Change a single-pole switch (no)
34. Fell a tree no
35. Replace a broken windowpane no
36. Set up a ladder, safely (yes)
37. Fix a faucet cartridge (no)
38. Sweat copper tubing (no)
39. Change a diaper (yes)
40. Grill with charcoal (yes)
41. Sew a button on a shirt (it ain't pretty)
42. Fold a flag (yes)

Medical
43. Treat frostbite (yes)
44. Treat a burn (yes)
45. Help a seizure victim (yes)
46. Treat a snakebite (yes)
47. Remove a tick (yes)

Military Know-How
48. Shine shoes (ugh! I am sure I could do this)
49. Make a drum-tight bed (I can't bounce a quarter but I think it's the state of the mattress)
50. Drop and give the perfect pushup (God no I cannot)

Outdoors
51. Run rapids in a canoe (no)
52. Hang food in the wild (no)
53. Skipper a boat (no)
54. Shoot straight (no)
55. Tackle steep drops on a mountain bike (no you have heard that story right?)
56. Escape a rip current (yes)

Survival
57. Build a fire in the wilderness (Yes thank you Man vs Wild)
58. Build a shelter (yes)
59. Find potable water (yes)

Surviving Extremes
60. Floods (not sure about this)
61. Tornados (yes)
62. Cold (yes)
63. Heat (yes)
64. Lightning (yes)

Teach Your Kids
65. Cast a line (yes)
66. Lend a hand (yes)
67. Change a tire (I've been told I am going to learn how to do this this weekend.)
68. Throw a spiral no
69. Fly a stunt kite I hate kites
70. Drive a stick shift Nope
71. Parallel park yes
72. Tie a bowline no
73. Tie a necktie no
74. Whittle yes
75. Ride a bike yes

Technology (I'll skip this whole section ahem)
76. Install a graphics card
77. Take the perfect portrait
78. Calibrate HDTV settings
79. Shoot a home movie
80. Ditch your hard drive

Master These Key Workshop Tools ... yeah this part too
81. Drill driver
82. Grease gun
83. Coolant hydrometer
84. Socket wrench
85. Test light
86. Brick trowel
87. Framing hammer
88. Wood chisel
89. Spade bit
90. Circular saw
91. Sledge hammer
92. Hacksaw
93. Torque wrench
94. Air wrench
95. Infrared thermometer
96. Sand blaster
97. Crosscut saw
98. Hand plane
99. Multimeter
100. Feeler gauges

No comments: