Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday morning.

It's not a bad Monday, but it's still Monday. We're going to the movies. The boys are so excited. I think we'll go see Bedtime Stories.

I am reading this pretty good book called the Power of Now... by Eckhart Tolle. Goodness some of the things he says and suggest gives you that hit right between the eyes sort of feeling. Ouchie. I have to put it down from time to time and pick up my Twilight book for a mindless distraction. I am just about done with New Moon for you Twilight junkies.

I hate Text messages. Hate them. Over the Christmas holiday Dominic and I received a few messages that come up on our phones from these random numbers and we are left to figure out who the heck sent them to us. We are pretty sure one of them wasn't meant for us.
So last night I get this text from a 619 area code number. It says "killed em"
I am hoping that is referring to a football game or something. Not sure what to do with a message like that. I don't have a clue who sent this to me or who it was meant for. I'll keep you posted if it turns into anything.

Speaking of killing... Christmas morning we woke up to the sound of the door bell ringing and found a police man at our door. He asked if we had been home all night, if we had heard any noises and took Dom's information. He said there had been an incident in the neighborhood. Later in the morning we saw a police officer taking pictures of all the cars and all the houses in the court. When we left to go to my aunts for breakfast we saw a house down the street blocked off with that yellow crime tape and yet still we don't know what happened. Turns out the lady that lives in the house found her roommate dead on the stairs! Oh my! We still aren't sure what happened. Maybe too much holiday cheer, who knows. Even yesterday we had some more 'cops' in the court doing some investigating.

So that is what's been happening around here in the court. Now I am off to get out of this house and see a movie. Have a great Monday.

No comments: