Monday, July 13, 2009
Hit my funny bone.
TOP TEN REASONS TO BE A SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
10. We have ways of making you talk
9. We know what the name of the little thing that hangs in the back of your throat is called
8. SLP is more than just lip service
6. You're always analyzing your friend's speech
5. You think it's cool to hear someone swallow
4. Someone has to help Cindy Brady
3. We like to hear ourselves talk
2. You know how to say "larynx" correctly
1. You can legally brainwash people by making them repeat the same phrase over and over again
YOU MIGHT BE AN SLT IF....................
10. You casually drop the words "diadochokinetic rates" at parties to impress your friends
9. You are the only adult you know who still plays with bubbles on a daily basis and enjoys it
8. You write your child's first words phonetically
7. You get excited about flavoured tongue depressors
6. During informal conversations with friends, you often interject "good speech!" or "nicetalking!"
5. You take dysfluency data during speeches and sermons
4. Children seem to gravitate to you during social events
3. Instead of saying to your friends "What a cute baby!" you say " Does he vocalize in two or three syllables?"
2. You can recite the Ling 6 sound test backwards
1. You make casual eye contact with people's mouths during casual conversations