Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Milestones a plenty

The other night I started my five year plan. All the things I plan on doing in the next five years. No specific time frame just want to have them done. Don't ask me what they are I wont tell you.

So I got to thinking of the milestones. This has been a big year for me so far. I turned 40. I graduated with my second degree and my certificate. I worked hard for that. I really wanted to party like a rock star for that more so than the turning 40 that was an easy thing to do I just had to keep breathing. But this graduating thing took a lot out of me. Alas, so many things going on, Dom and the boys were sick, our bank account got sick, the celebrations did not happen and now I am over it. Time to move on to the next thing.
I am looking forward to celebrating Derek graduating from 8th grade and Dom getting his degree. I think I like planning things for other people more than for myself. Seems too over the top to plan your own stuff.
I even got my own graduation gift on my own, a nice frame for my tassel.

So I started working on how to celebrate Joe's birthday he loves a good celebration. He must get that from me. He'll be 7 in a few weeks. 7! How did that happen? He wants an ice cream cake and Iron Man 2 plates. I will make sure that happens for him.

But today is the first official day of summer vacation for my boys. We slept in until 9. We had cinnamon rolls and we watched a movie. I want this summer to go slow for them and for them to really have a good time. Nothing grand just little things to remember.

No comments: