Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bird Down


One of these was shot down in Afghanistan today. No word where it was from, or who was in it. I don't care. 6-8 men probably died today in one of these. Everyday we hear about more and more men dying over there. Husbands, fathers, sons, friends. It has to stop. I am sick.
Everyday our one of our local papers has another solider from our area on the front page as being lost to this war. So many, so young.
Dom's unit is gearing up to head to Afghanistan. They will leave early next year (if it is not bumped up) and they will be gone 18 months.
I know in his mind he hates that so many are going without him. But I know leaving would be hard. He is so very torn. He spoke to the boys on Monday night about Memorial day and why it is so very important. They put their heads together and said a little prayer and daddy told him how happy he was to be home with his boys, but so sad that so many other little boys and daddy's had to be apart maybe forever.
I don't have any answers and I don't know how anyone can make this madness stop but I want it to stop soon before more young men's lives are lost.

No comments: