Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bucket List and other things


I need a new quote. You got any ideas? Send em.

--My friend Yvonne drinks 1 2-liter of Diet Coke EVERY.DAY. That's the big one y'all.(well she use to, she has given it up just a few days ago. Good for you girlie)
I was shocked when she said this. That is a lot of soda and other "stuff" pumping thru your veins. Why do we do that to ourselves? It's easy. It's a habit and it's everywhere. I think we all get sort of addicted to it.

So Buffie (gotta love Buffie) did indeed have a funny story for me involving dogs. You see her mom use to raise Palmoranians. I mean there was always 6-10 dogs in her house for years. Very small, very furry, yippey, yappy dogs. Buffie forever had a cough. Just a small tickel in her throat. She has lived many years without a dog but now she has her dogs and her sisters dogs at her house. Total dogs now I do not know. She recently got sick and was not feeling better her illness would not go away and her doctor was stumped. So he ran some tests and ...do you know where this is going? Yes she is allergic to dogs. Dogs! Poor thing. So hopefully she can start her shots, move the poochies out and feel better. At least now she knows she's not crazy...well I mean.. you get the idea.

Anyway, while she was telling me her story she said I need to work on my list of things I have never done. Heather has a cool list of things she wants to do. She has a taste for adventure that I lack. Anyway, Buffie cannot believe that I have never eaten a taco from a taco truck, or eaten sushi or had a martini. She assured me that this was the year I did this and maybe more and that I did not need to do it all in one day (can you imagine?)

I use to have a 40 by 40 list. 40 things to do before I hit 40. I have long misplaced that list. So in between homework assignments, meetings with kindergarten teachers and all the other crazy things life throws at me in a week. I shall present a list of random things to do this year my 38th year on this planet. You gotta a list? Send it. Maybe we can do some of this stuff together. Like meet up at the Taco truck on our way to boogie boarding? It's a date.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my vote for new quote:
Always remember your unique, just like everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Quote:
After all is said and done, alot more will be said than done.

dig it. story of my life.

Trying hard not to let it be so anymore. Lots more action, lots less talkin.

J