Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bitten


Ok, it has happened.

I love to read. I am a reader. I'll stay up late too late and just crash through a book. Sometimes I feel sort of sad to leave the character behind when the book ends, they have become part of my life. What happens now?
I enjoy the Harry Potter movies and we have read a few of the books with Derek but just can't get into those too much. Dom and Derek are trying to crash thourhg Poe and I have read most of his stuff and it's just not fitting my mood these days. So when I saw the hub bub over these Twilight books, well it caught my attention.
So I got a copy of Twilight the first book. If you are familiar with these books let me say I love Edward. Love him. If you're not the series of books are about some teen vampires and that's all I am going to say. The girl that has written this book is amazing. She's not trying to be something she's not. She uses great descriptions and has the teen sort of pit in your stomach oh my gosh it's high school thing down. It all comes rushing back to you. The nervous first love sort of thing down too.

So... I found out that they are making a movie which is wonderful but sort of disappointing in a way. You read a book and you get a picture in your mind of what everyone and everything looks like and they make a movie and somethings just don't look the same. Or they leave out parts you might have really liked.

But I am happy for Stephanie Meyer the author well she's just a mom who had a dream and took it one step further and how can you not love that?

So I have been bitten. I love Edward. I love these books. I am in it baby.

No comments: