Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The longest walk of my life!

Today I went along with 32 kindergartners on a 1 mile walk to...the grocery store!
It was the longest walk of my life. Once we got to the store we got to ...walk around the grocery store and see the fruit and veggies, pet a lobster from the fish counter, go into the milk case and see all the boxes get smashed in the cardboard box smasher at the back of the store. Oh and we even got to say "Thank you for shopping at Save Mart" over the loud speaker. (Well not me, but the kids did) When the tour was over....we got to walk back to school...another mile. We got an apple and a box of raisins in a goody bag to carry back to school and swing around our heads, and swing at our walking buddies and drop the apples out of.

The kids were really good all things considered. I was about to lose my mind. sigh.
Now I am totally exhausted. That is a pretty good walk for 4 and 5 year olds.

Thursday we get to walk to the fire station... I think I am going to like that a lot more.

Now I am off to study Browns 5 stages of language development, for some reason I just can get my mind around them they aren't flowing for me. uhg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know field trips can make a person tired but Tammy you will one day look back at these being some of the best memories of your life!! I know I sure do.Love, Aunt Sue