Wednesday, November 11, 2009

100 cc's


Between taking Biology and the day to day terminology we throw around regarding my father I have a whole new vocabulary.

Yesterday my dad had 20 cc's of liquid in his drain. Today ... 100. What on earth changed? The doctors are scratching bald spots on their heads.
Yesterday was a banner day for dad. He got to even go outside. My mom got to wheel him out to the rose garden. I was so happy for him. He walked a lot. Apple juice was promised for today. Things were looking up. The talk was of coming home Friday.

Today... 100 cc's of liquid. So how much is 100 cc's you ask? It's 3 1/2 oz's. Less than 1/2 of a cup. But 1/2 a cup of the wrong stuff can be pretty toxic even especially in the wrong places.
What now? We have no idea. I can't even believe it.

We were going to go up and see him today but when we heard yesterday he might come home on Friday we changed our plans. Then I hurt my back just bending over now my Pscas Major or my lumbar plexus is killing me and it's rock hard. I slept fine but when I got up in the middle of the night I could barely get out of bed. Thank goodness for electric blankets and Advil. Then Joseph woke me up to tell me that he had wet the bed... my bed. (yes the one with the electric blanket on it. OY!)
So the morning started with laundry and mattress cleaning. we made breakfast but Dom burned it so we went to breakfast and they messed up Derek's order twice. Joseph spilled juice all over the kitchen floor that made a sticky, sticky mess then I spilled a WHOLE cup of water ice and all which excited Stella who chased the ice cubes like her own crazy hockey game. It's been a crazy day!
And do you know what I say and I think my father will agree...who knew that 100 cc's of anything could cause such a stir? Who the heck knew?

No comments: